Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thyroid going away party...

Good news for you readers...this one will be short. It's late and I am tired!

First, some folks emailed me some questions, so I will try to fill in some details about the surgery.

The surgery will take about 2 hours and they will remove the entire thyroid and if any lymph nodes look bad, they will take those too. I will be in the hospital for one overnight, and then I am out of there. I do have my mother staying with me for a few nights. I will definitely contact some of you if I need help, or if I am really bored and need to get away! They will send the thyroid off to see if cancer was in more than just the nodule. If so, then I will have a radioactive iodine cocktail i will drink that will kill only any thyroid cells still left in my body. Then I get to figure out the amount of synthetic thyroid medicine i will need to take to get back to normal.

Ok, yesterday I wrote about a going away party, and was just kinda joking about that...well, some folks thought it was for real, so...THE PARTY IS ON!!! There will be the Thyroid Going Away Party at my house Wednesday night from 7-9. It's a stop and go party, so just stop in, grab some food visit and go when you want. I just ask for you to bring a drink, like soda, or something you like. We will have a thyroid shaped cake!!! I was even thinking of making a t-shirt with an iron on thyroid that says 'get me outta here!'

That's all for this posting. Please continue to pray for the listed requests. You all have been a great blessing to me in this journey!

Jer

1 comment:

  1. Have fun at your party! I once attended a tumor shower for a friend who had fibroid tumors removed. It was fun, weird, and hilarious!

    I'll be praying for all to go well tomorrow. Have a sticky note on the computer so I can't possibly forget!

    ReplyDelete