Saturday, August 15, 2009

Jambo sana!

Good morning buzzard fans. This will be a short update. I am home, got home yesterday around noon. Don't feel too good, but don't feel too bad. Rough night sleep, but that's to be expected probably for the next few days. Started the synthetic thyroid meds, throat hurts quite a bit mostly from the breathing tube. I kinda forget that surgery, anesthesia, pain meds, swollen tissue, and stitches mess you up, and take a while to get over. They will test the thyroid for cancer and I should know next week about radiation. It's good to be home!

Thank you to everyone that has been praying! I could feel your prayers! Our God is an awesome God, and he put all of the right people in the right place to take care of me during this experience. I was blessed to meet several nurses and technicians from Africa and Asia that were so kind, in fact I got to speak a little swahili with them. The nurses and doctors were exceptional at the hospital! I commend them for their quality of care!

That's all for now. Thanks for your messages, texts, calls, etc.! I love you all!

J

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are home and that the surgery went well. We will continue to pray for you as you recover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But were they *cute* nurses? If we're specific in our prayers, you gotta be specific in your reports afterwards.

    :-P

    (Cara [Blackurn] Key here. Mideastmom is my on-line persona.)

    ReplyDelete