Monday, August 17, 2009

Can't sing, but I can talk!

Good morning and welcome to the Roost. I had hoped to write some yesterday, but it didn't happen. Today I just want to catch you up on how recovery is going and how thankful I am for each one of your prayers! It has been an incredible journey, and it's not over. I never would have thought a simple doctors examine would have such life changing results, but I am thankful that he was so proactive in figuring this out!

The past few days have been lazy but good. Several coworkers and friends have stopped by to visit, offer food, or just hang out with me. Thanks! All of your prayers, phone calls, messages, etc. have been so uplifting. I have seen Christ in the words, actions, and hugs from everyone during this journey!

I have been very surprised by the low pain I have experienced! From past surgeries, pain has been terrible. I believe I have only had to have pain medication once or twice during the entire time, and that has mostly been tylenol. Right now the most painful part of this has been swallowing, thanks to the breathing tube, and the soreness of the muscles around my neck. I may try to venture out today for a walk or even a movie.

Several friends have asked
about the experience at the hospital. I must say first that your prayers, they were answered for the most part! Many cute nurses attended my surgery needs, but they were all married. I was also surprised by how many nurses, technicians, and others from another country were part of this experience. I met some from Guinea, Kenya, the Phillipines, and even Ethiopia. It was a joy to be served by so many in a time of need. I have to say my time at Presbyterian Hospital was very nice, and the care was exceptional!

I will do my best to connect with each of you to thank you for your words of encouragement, prayers, cards, flowers, and the many containers of ice cream that fill my fridge! I have such great friends and family! You are all such a blessing to my life! I know I will never be able to thank you enough for everything that each of you did during this journey. I continue to ask for your prayers as I continue with this journey over the next few weeks until we know the final outcome and until we get the medications adjusted to the correct levels.


It looks like the poem I
posted on Wednesday didn't show up, so here it is again. It really is pretty funny.

I have a followup with the surgeon on Friday, and either that day or earlier, I should get results on the pathology report on the thyroid. Let's pray it was not cancerous!

I can't thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers! I love you all dearly!

J





2 comments:

  1. Drat! Should have been more specific.

    Seriously, glad you're recovering so quickly. Continuing to pray for good news in your process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a good experience!! Praying for a swift recovery!

    ReplyDelete