Thursday, November 12, 2009

Go ahead...Raise the roof (sort of)

Moving from the emotion of yesterday to today has been quite the story! This will be a short posting, but a good one! Got the results of the body scan at 4:30 pm today. The doc called and said that the scan came back and was as it should be. Meaning...the scan showed that the radiation was taken up by remaining thyroid cells as it was designed to do. Those cells were located where my thyroid was before surgery (exactly where he expected them to be) and so there was no indication or signs that the cancer had spread. That alone is a wonderful praise! I will have to have another dose of radiation in 6 months which will be used to confirm that the first dose killed off any remaining thyroid cells. The next 6 weeks I will continue my meds and will see the doctor in mid December to check the dosage of meds to see if it is at the right amount.

Thank you to all of my friends and family for your prayers, notes, and calls concerning this journey. I still have more to go, but I thank God for walking with me through this. He has carried me through alot of tough moments. He also placed each of you in my path to encourage and support me as well.

My prayer request now would be for my mother and sister as they both undergo tests, medications, and possible treatments for their thyroid issues. I'll keep you updated on the latest!

Blessings!
Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment