Friday, November 6, 2009

Counting down to a bowl of queso...mmmmm...good!

Well, two more days, then I can enjoy the foods I have missed for so long. This hasn't been too bad of an experience. I haven't seen a person since 11 am on Monday, so tomorrow I think I will venture to the front porch to do some studying. I have felt OK over the past week. Much more tired than I thought. Wednesday, the area around where my thyroid used to be swelled up and has remained that way. That was explained to me that that would probably happen, so on Wednesday, I described it as that I can no longer see my Adam's apple. I know many of you have wondered, "so what is it like to have radiated iodine in your body?" Well, let's see...for me, my taste buds taste less. I have to suck on lemon drops to try to get any radiation out of the saliva glands. My appetite is down which is a good thing as I have gained about 15 pounds over the past weeks. I do have to be honest and say that I was not glowing. That would have been cool, but nope, didn't happen. Mostly this week I spent my time on the computer working online, catching up on email, studying, reading, watching some movies and TV. It has been an interesting experience to say the least. thanks to those friends and family that called to check in on me. It was always nice to chat. I am sorry I didn't get to catch everyone. I have greatly improved my cooking skills, so I may have to invite some of you over when I get back to normal for a home cooked meal. Who knows, maybe the family will let me fix a dish for the holiday get togethers.
Like I said, two more days and then on Monday, I will head in to have the body scan and once that is done, start my meds and can eat those prohibited items. I have started to hallucinate giants bowls of queso and ice cream, so Monday will be a GOOD day indeed!

That's all for today. Catch up with you later! Thanks for your prayers, calls and messages. They really have encouraged me.

Blessings,
Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Ah Jeremy...your positive attitude is awesome. I'm glad to hear this week wasn't too bad, been thinking of you a lot. Good luck with the queso, wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete